GET YOUR COPY TODAY
This book discusses the utilization of biblical contemplative practice in facilitating neuroplasticity in adults who experience psychological disorders. It examines psychological disorder from four perspectives, these are: spiritual faculty, physiological faculty, psychological faculty, and relational faculty. These four faculties are the foundation of the mind. Having chaos or rigidity in any one faculty will lead to disintegration in the central nervous system, which inevitably leads to mental distress. This book demonstrates from scientific research how to use prayer and Biblical meditation to heal the brain from psychological distress, such as trauma, anxiety, depression, and addictions. In addition, the following areas are covered in the book: “The mind:God’s design”, “parent-child relationship and its impact on brain development”, “insecure attachment and how it affects the brain”, and “God, attachment and the brain”. It looks at how God changes the brain through the process of neuroplasticity.
SEVEN BRAIN BENEFITS OF BIBLICAL MEDITATION FOR REGULATING EMOTIONS DURING COVID-19
As we face a pandemic of unprecedented scale due to
the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), our day-to-day lives are being
affected in a radical way. There is terrible human costs,
shattering repercussions on public healthcare, global
economic crisis, financial markets are in a tailspin, oil prices
are plummeting and industries are taking a major hit, but the
greatest impact of COVID-19 is and will continue to be for
some time, the psychological impact. We already see a sharp
increase in depression, anxiety and other mental health
challenges in North America. With the looming prospect of a
second outbreak of COVID-19, we need to arm ourselves
with effective coping skills. Biblical meditation is an
effective coping method to help regulate the symptoms
associated with stress, anxiety, depression and trauma-related
Dr. Courtney Dookie offers online and in-person workshops/seminars that focus on how to develop and integrate the mind using biblical meditation and prayer.
- We seek to use biblical mediation and prayer to empower individuals, couples, families, and communities.
- We explore the interconnection between interpersonal relationships and basic biological processes.
- We offer a biblical/Christo-centric perspective of a healthy mind and how it emerges from the integration
- We provide practical biblical steps to strengthen the mind and form integration.
- We combine mind, brain, and relationships into a uniquely biblical perspective
- We offer a scientific perspective for biblical meditation and prayer and their implications in the field of psychology.